This chapter can be read on the wiki, but the version here may not be 100% up-to-date. For the most recent version of the chapter, read it on FanFiction!
I'm a doctor, not an encyclopedia!
- After a failed away mission leads to the deaths of several crewmen, Jason Fredricks begins having qualms about serving in Starfleet. The crew attempts to adjust to Jason's replacement, Commander Jarek Davis.
Act I: Taking Leave Edit
Personal log, Jarek Davis. My 126 days of shore leave have been cut short due to a most unusual turn of events. Lieutenant Commander Jason Fredricks, the fledgling captain of the USS Leviathan, has unofficially resigned his commission to Starfleet, and I have been ordered to take command by Fleet Admiral Quinn. I am uncertain whether this will be a temporary assignment or a permanent one.
Act II: Of Specialists and Nausicaans Edit
Captain's log, stardate 83295.3, Commander Davis reporting. I have taken command of the Leviathan, and we are now proceeding to the Celes system on Fleet Admiral Quinn's orders.
Act III: Suspicions Edit
Referenced only Edit
- USS Khitomer (Act I)
Other references Edit
- Jarek Davis was assigned to the USS Khitomer prior to taking command of the USS Leviathan. The Leviathan previously encountered the Khitomer in the Pollux system. ("Line in the Sand")
Background and trivia Edit
- This chapter is an adaptation of the Star Trek Online mission "War is Good for Business".
- The title of the chapter was originally stylized as "War Is Good For Business". The word "for" was later changed to lowercase to conform with the AP capitalization style.
- This chapter received a comprehensive revision in 2020. The major changes are as follows:
- Davis is written as a more nuanced antagonist.
- Elisa Flores now appears in the chapter and takes Tala Jones' position at tactical. The latter now serves exclusively as the executive officer under Davis.
- Lenerea Mendel is not dismissed from the bridge like in the original, though Davis still does initially try to dismiss her.
- A scene with Jason Fredricks and his parents has been merged with an earlier scene where he arrives at their apartment.
- The stardate has been moved from 83245.3 (1 March 2409) to 83295.3 (21 March 2409).
- Cleveland's role is given to a new character, Thiral, though Cleveland is still mentioned in dialogue.
- A completely new scene has two "specialists" transport over from Starbase 114. One of them is "Jules Vanden" (renamed Blaise Moreau) from "Treasure Trading Station". This fixes the plot hole of him appearing out of nowhere in that chapter.
|v - e - ?||Star Trek: Federation Legacy|
|Volume 0||"Khitomer Crisis" • "The Price of Liberty"|
|Volume 1||"The Price of Liberty" • "Line in the Sand" • "Stranded in Space" • "Diplomatic Orders" • "Hide and Seek" • "Stop the Signal" • "Researcher Rescue" • "The Kuvah'Magh" • "War Is Good for Business" • "Treasure Trading Station" • "Secret Orders" • "Task Force Hippocrates" • "Skirmish" • "What Lies Beneath" • "Everything Old Is New" • "Night of the Comet" • "The Ultimate Klingon" • "The Doomsday Device" • "Past Imperfect" • "The Lost City of Paradise" • "The Undying" • "Installation 18"|
|Volume 2||"Under the Cover of Night" • "Saturday's Child" • "Empress Sela"|
|Upcoming content • undeveloped content|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.