Service on the USS Leviathan Edit
In 2409, Th'vol was assigned to the USS Leviathan, to fill the vacant chief engineering position, after Phil Schrader's suicide. Dylyp Azeli brought him to see Captain Jason Fredricks following their mission to the Xarantine system, where he presented some ideas for improving ship's morale. Jason was impressed by the eagerness of the young officer and agreed to allow him to take over the position of chief engineer.
On stardate 83832.9, Th'vol accompanied the away team to the surface of Nimbus III in search of dangerous thalaron technology. They were referred to a bar owner named Two of Eight in the town of Paradise City, but he initially refused to help them. Jason then offered up supplies and protection to the citizens of Paradise City in exchange for the information they needed, and Two of Eight obliged.
Jason and Th'vol met up with Kardok and his away team, who had just returned from the northern ruins on their own quest. The group was then alerted to a situation forming on the back streets – a showdown between the town's old peacekeeper, Law, and a Gorn assassin sent by the Orion Syndicate to kill him. Th'vol tried to break them up, but Jason prevented him.
After winning the duel, Law agreed to show the away teams the way to Hassan the Undying's hideout. Hassan was the target of Kardok's team, and the thalaron devices were likely to be in Hassan's possession. Upon reaching Hassan's nightclub, they split into two groups, led by Tlaszh and Natanu Sei. Having been put in Tlaszh's group, Th'vol was appalled when Tlaszh made the choice to remove a bouncer's arms when he refused them entry to the nightclub. Once inside, they sat at a table and waited for the right time to make their move.
Th'vol often showed anxiety, which would sometimes cause him to stutter. He seemed to be quite pacifistic, as he became extremely distraught when M'Rel suggested killing civilians of Paradise City to try to coax information from them. He also tried to prevent Law and a Gorn assassin from dueling, to no avail. Th'vol was traumatized after Tlaszh ripped an Orion bouncer's arms off at the Shangdu nightclub.
Background and trivia Edit
- Th'vol originated as a bridge officer of CaptFredricks' Star Trek Online character Jason Fredricks. His name was randomly generated by the game, but CaptFredricks liked it and decided to keep it the same for the story.
- Th'vol was originally going to join the crew in Volume 2 of Star Trek: Federation Legacy, but CaptFredricks changed this while writing "Secret Orders" and "Task Force Hippocrates".
- His name is pronounced as th-VOL o-LEE-thlah.
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Task Force Hippocrates" (First appearance)
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Skirmish"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "What Lies Beneath"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Everything Old Is New"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Night of the Comet"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "The Doomsday Device"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "The Lost City of Paradise"
Notes and references Edit
|v - e - t||USS Leviathan (NCC-93151)|
|Interior layout||Guest Cabin 7 • Science Lab 6 • Transporter Room 1|
|Command crew|| Jason Fredricks • Tala Jones • Dylyp Azeli • Ernie Hauser • Th'vol Olethla • Lucas Wells • Vance L'eher • Lenerea Mendel • Julia Cromwell • Elisa Flores|
Masc Taggart^ • Jarek Davis^ • Jules Vanden^ • Henry Fuller† • Jhael Onika† • Phil Schrader† • Koja Nara† • Marvolo Piers† • Mars Lionel† • Travis Murray†
|Duty officers|| Charlie Morgan • Hannah Freeman • Kevin Briggs • Walter Bozeman • Will Darrow • Leo Anderson • Andre Leeman • Jonah Willis • Jessik Cameo • T'mar • Nathan • Weller|
Jim O'Donnell† • Thom Lædon† • Don Leffler† • Laarkan† Rhez Keaeling† • John Palmer† • Liza Fré†
|Civilians/Pets||Crusoe • Hercules|
|Command crew||Masc Taggart† • Mercedes McMary†|