Star Trek: Federation Legacy, abbreviated Federation Legacy, is the fifth fan fiction story by CaptFredricks, created on 11 June 2013. The story is comprised of twenty-three chapters within two volumes and is ongoing.
With twenty-one[b] chapters published over a span of five years, this story has had the longest run of any on the wiki. The story has two volumes so far (one of which is made up of the two rewritten chapters), but Capt has plans for at least two more.
The story of Federation Legacy takes place roughly 30 years following the events of Star Trek Nemesis. It depicts many of the the events of Star Trek Online, including the Federation-Klingon War, the Reman rebellion, the creation of the New Link, and the formation of the Delta Alliance.
- Main article: FED Volume 0
Volume 0 contains two chapters ("Khitomer Crisis" and "The Price of Liberty") that were originally the two-part opener for Volume 1. They were later rewritten and replaced by "The Price of Liberty" and "Line in the Sand", respectively.
While these two chapters are no longer published on FanFiction, they can be read here on the wiki.
- Main article: FED Volume 1
Volume 1 contains twenty-one chapters; one more is planned to be published later in 2019. The first chapter (now part of Volume 0) was published in June 2013, and the twenty-first chapter was published in April 2019, making the span between them almost six years.
The story of Volume 1 takes place in 2409 and is focused on the conflict between the Klingon Empire and the Federation following the breakdown of the Khitomer Accords. A young ensign named Jason Fredricks receives command of the USS Leviathan after a series of unfortunate and unexpected events, leading a crew of other young, inexperienced officers. He has to rally the crew together to face threats on several fronts, and in the process, he discovers this is where he belongs.
- Main article: FED Volume 2
Background and trivia
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy was first conceived in 2012 by CaptFredricks, some months after he joined Star Trek Online on 2 May 2012. The idea sprung from his first character, Jason Fredricks, and Jason's bridge officers (which later became the command crew of the USS Leviathan in the story). He began writing a rough draft late in 2012 which became "Khitomer Crisis". Its story covered the first half of STO's tutorial missions.
- The story is rated Fiction T (age 13+) for minor adult themes and references, including language and some non-explicit sexual content. As stated above, most of the adult content is comparable to that of Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise, though some of the language is beyond what might be allowed on TV.
Notes and references
- ↑ First, CaptFredricks believed the first two chapters were outdated, and second, the Star Trek Online missions on which they were based had been removed from the game at that point.
- ↑ Counting the first two chapters that were rewritten in 2014, there have been twenty-three chapters published in total.