The Romulan Republic was a government formed out of the ashes of the fallen Romulan Star Empire following the destruction of the Romulan homeworld. The Republic was officially established in 2409, and its first elected leader was Proconsul D'Tan.
On stardate 83626.4, Subcommanders Kaol and Mivek visited the crew of the USS Leviathan as a gesture of peace between the Republic and the Federation. Kaol told the Leviathan's senior staff that, although they were still a newly-formed government, they had "already taken great steps toward true independence in the past year. Proconsul D'Tan ha[d] begun to unite [their] people in ways not seen since before the destruction of Romulus nearly 22 years ago."
The Republic also had reached out to the Remans, who had long been subjugated by the old Romulan government. Kaol stated that "they are our relations. They have a right in our inheritance as much as we do."
Shortly prior to stardate 83832.9, Romulan Republic intelligence discovered that thalaron weapon triggers were being kept somewhere on Nimbus III. Franklin Drake of Section 31 later relayed this information to Jason Fredricks and ordered the Leviathan to locate and retrieve the devices at any cost.
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "The Ultimate Klingon" (First appearance)
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "The Lost City of Paradise" (Mentioned only)
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "The Undying"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Installation 18"
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Under the Cover of Night" (Mentioned only) (Upcoming content)
Notes and references
- Romulan Republic at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki
- Romulan Republic at the Star Trek Online Wiki
|v - e - ?||Governments|
|Alpha/Beta Quadrants||United Federation of Planets|
|Alpha Quadrant||Ferengi Alliance • Cardassian Union|
|Beta Quadrant||Klingon Empire • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Star Empire • Gorn Hegemony • Romulan Republic|
|Delta Quadrant||Borg Collective|