The system of hierarchy aboard ships within the Defense Forces was highly structured. According to one of their systems, one that had operated successfully for centuries, the first officer of any Klingon vessel had the duty to assassinate his captain when and if the captain became weak or unable to perform. It was expected that his honorable retirement should be assisted by his "first". The second officer also shared similar duties with his "first".
- Star Trek: Final Voyages – "Zenith" (Mentioned only)
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Stop the Signal" (First appearance)
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ Star Trek: Final Voyages – "Zenith" (Act III), the Klingon Defense Force is mentioned by its full name.
- ↑ TNG: "A Matter Of Honor"
- ↑ DS9: "Soldiers of the Empire"
- ↑ Star Trek: Final Voyages – "Zenith" (Act III), a former KDF member recalls his time in the organization.
- ↑ Star Trek: Federation Legacy – "Stop the Signal" (Act I), the KDF tries to secretly barter Federation weapons.
- Klingon Defense Force at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek wiki
- Klingon Defense Force at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki
- Klingon Defense Force at the Star Trek Online Wiki
|v - e - ?||Klingon Empire|
|House leaders||D'Ghor^ • B'vat†|
|Ambassadors||Kas • S'taass*|
|Religious figures||Kuvah'magh • Kahless the Unforgettable† • T'Kuvma† • Molor† • Fek'lhr|
|Warriors||Warat† • Kardok? • Kora?|
|Government||Klingon High Council|
|Military||Klingon Defense Force|
|Religion||Gre'thor • Sto-vo-kor|
|Weapons||bat'leth • d'k tahg|
|Food and drinks||bloodwine|