This chapter can be read on the wiki, but the version here may not be 100% up-to-date. For the most recent version of the chapter, read it on FanFiction.net!
"Installation 18" is the twenty-second and final chapter of the first volume of Star Trek: Federation Legacy, written between November 2019 and February 2020 and published on 23 February 2020. It is authored by CaptFredricks.
- A small, covert team of Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Republic officers infiltrates a secret Tal Shiar base in the depths of Nimbus III, hoping to uncover the secrets that lie within.
An away team from the USS Leviathan makes preparations to beam down to Nimbus III. Jason Fredricks and Tala Jones exchange some words before she leads the away team down to the planet. Tala and her team, consisting of Jessik Cameo, Lucas Wells, and T'mar, step onto the transporter pad. Just before transport, Tala mentions that Elisa Flores passed her tactical training exam. After transporting the away team, Charlie Morgan expresses his disbelief that Captain Masc Taggart is still alive and also his desire to see him. Jason then tells him to get someone to take his place while they go visit with Taggart for a bit.
Meanwhile, on the IKS SuvwI', Kardok is seeing Law and S'lade Zdanas off, as they will be joining the Leviathan's away team on the planet's surface. Law is surprised to learn that Kardok cares about his safe return to the ship, and Kardok tells him that his crew is not like a typical Klingon Defense Force crew. Kardok then urges S'lade to discover what the Tal Shiar are hiding on Nimbus III, and the two beam down to the planet.
Act I: Base Infiltration Edit
Act II: Lab of Horrors Edit
Act III: The End Is Just the Beginning Edit
Referenced only Edit
- Andoria (Teaser; not by name)
- Starfleet Academy (Act II)
- Deep Space 9
- Tycho City (not by name)
Other references Edit
Background and trivia Edit
- This chapter is an adaptation of the Star Trek Online mission "Installation 18".
- This was originally going to be chapter 21, but CaptFredricks felt that he would have to leave too much out of the story if Paradise Lost was only a two-part arc.
- The stardate for this chapter was originally going to be 83751.1 (18 September 2409) and later 83801.1 (8 October 2409) and 83851.1 (28 October 2409), but in the actual chapter, no stardate is given. The events of the chapter (aside from a brief flashback) take place after 83832.9 (21 October 2409), which is the stardate given in "The Lost City of Paradise".
Rate chapter Edit
|v - e - ?||Star Trek: Federation Legacy|
|Volume 0||"Khitomer Crisis" • "The Price of Liberty"|
|Volume 1||"The Price of Liberty" • "Line in the Sand" • "Stranded in Space" • "Diplomatic Orders" • "Hide and Seek" • "Stop the Signal" • "Researcher Rescue" • "The Kuvah'Magh" • "War Is Good for Business" • "Treasure Trading Station" • "Secret Orders" • "Task Force Hippocrates" • "Skirmish" • "What Lies Beneath" • "Everything Old Is New" • "Night of the Comet" • "The Ultimate Klingon" • "The Doomsday Device" • "Past Imperfect" • "The Lost City of Paradise" • "The Undying" • "Installation 18"|
|Volume 2||"Under the Cover of Night" • "Saturday's Child" • "Empress Sela"|
|Upcoming content • undeveloped content|